Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy New Year from my Family to Yours!

Out with the old and on with the new! We are ten days into the new year which means I am ten days into some new resolutions. One of which is to not complain about winter. As you can see, this has left me somewhat speechless in this little corner of the world but I think it will be for the best. You gotta admit, my whining was beginning to get a little redundant. I have also decided to abstain from sweets during the month of January and so far, so good. A few other things I would love to do this year are...

1. Make a pretty garland
2. Perfect my pie making skills
3. Take lots of little weekend trips in our new, old camper
4. Buy this book and sew some clothes
5. Actually throw a few of the parties I've been scheming up in my head
6. Plant a small garden
7. Order room service
8. Organize our family photos

I think that is a good start. What have you resolved to do in 2011?

3 comments:

kcb said...

happy new year, rehl's! love the family picture. you look better than ever, kim.

i haven't given a ton of thought to new year resolutions for 2011. i really want to focus on reading more and dedicate time to writing. a big goal for 2011 would be to actually have something written and ready for publication consideration; that may be a stretch, we'll see. this is also a year i'm focusing on getting my finances in order so i can start preparing for the things i really want, like countryside property. i'm well in terms of health but i could cut sweets out, too. maybe one dessert a week and no candy.

do yourself and your friends a favour and yes, execute a few of the parties twirling about in your head. no doubt they'll be fantastic. i so wish i could come! (maybe someday we'll live close enough again...)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

She has done quite well with the sweets thing....considering that I made some brownies on Sunday that were the BOMB! (Chocolate, chocolate chip, pecans..ect..everything but the kitchen sink) Oh, she thought about giving in...........jared

Autumn said...

Jared I love your comment-Jake didn't tell me it was you. Those were awesome. Jake saved me one, and its a really good thing it was just one.

Room service--let me know when you do it and what you get! It always looks fun.

I can't wait to see what you sew!