Monday, November 17, 2008

Jonathan Canlas




It's official. I am in love with the work of Utah-based photographer Jonathan Canlas. My friend Vanessa turned me on to him a couple of months ago (he took her wedding pictures when he was still a photography student at BYU) and I can't get enough! I am a daily reader of his blog and oh my, is his work gorgeous! The coolest part about him is that he shoots 100% film (no digital). I am inspired by the fact that he creates beautiful images straight out of camera without doctoring them up in Photoshop. It makes me want to buy a film camera, learn how to use it and save all my little pennies to attend his Film Is Not Dead seminar. If you are into photography at all, his site is definitely worth bookmarking.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh that lucky girl...those are lovely photographs indeed. My friend's sister attended and it sounded like it was something else...I think I'll start saving too! Think birthday-Christmas present next year...

Autumn said...

I learned of him when Nie Nie's Dialogues were everywhere, he was one of the donators with an auction. I too was/am really impressed with the fact that he's all film. That's talent!! I love the cherry cake picture.