Friday, August 15, 2008

Back Splash

Thank you for all the suggestions regarding my kitchen color. It is still red and green and will most likely stay that way for awhile since I have a difficult time making up my mind. However, I think I have ruled out the avocado green. While I like the color, I'm not sure I like it in the kitchen and especially MY kitchen. This is a picture of my back splash-which you should also consider. (I don' think it would look good with the green.) And while I would like a more modern, bright and open space, I'm not sure that dream will be realized in my current kitchen without doing a major overhaul. With all those earth tones in the back splash, I'm thinking burnt orange, maybe?? Any other suggestions?

6 comments:

Autumn said...

I love the idea of burnt orange!!

Dan and Shauna said...

I liked your light blue idea- sand and sky, baby!

Anonymous said...

I like the burnt orange idea. That would look good with the Khaki too.

Vanessa said...

i don't want to say that i hate burnt orange just in case you end up choosing it. but i hate burnt orange.
What about a more olivey version of the avacado green? not too olivey though, you still want it to look bright and modern. I've seen that backsplash and still think it would look good with the green.

Alison said...

What about kelly green? Or a really fun modern wallpaper? Go crazy, Mama!

Monica said...

I really like your backsplash and if you did an orange then I would suggest pulling the orangey brown color in the one tile in the backsplash (at least in the pic it looks like it is an orange/brown) If it was me, I would go with either a light pumpkin color, something light and bright in the pumpkin family, or I would go with the stealy blue because it will look great with your kaki dining room. Get some more paint samples, put them on the wall and take more pics! I am glad you decided against the green too!