Thursday, May 15, 2008

Paper Thread

Last night when I was entertaining my kids at the mall (they have a play area), I discovered a new store, Paper Thread. Since I pretty much live under a rock, this store is probably common knowledge to most people but nonetheless, it is new to me. When I first saw it, I thought it was a Paper Source and I had died and gone to heaven. (I don't think there are Paper Source stores in Ohio. Sad.) However, upon entering I decided this store is equally as rad. It's like a mix between Paper Source and Anthropologie and I love it, love it, love it! The name, says it all: Paper Thread. Two things I'm very passionate about. I had both my kids with me so my time was VERY limited (Mitch isn't a real trooper when it comes to shopping) but this is what I could gather in the few minutes I spent in the store. It is an eclectic mix of fun paper goods (stationary, wrapping paper, custom invitations, envelopes) with a few fabric-type items (ribbon by the yard, totes, funky throw pillows and quilts.) BUT, my favorite part of the store? They have a real photo booth! I've seen the lame digital ones but this was a real, bona fide photo booth that prints out four black and white photos on a little film strip! (Jared and I's next date night is for sure going to include blowing some money in that booth.) Anyway, most of the items I checked out seemed a little pricey so I'll most likely never buy anything there, but it will definately be on my list of fun places to window shop. I'm a little bummed because I am unable to find a Paper Thread web-site. Has anyone else heard of this store? Do you think it's rad too?

4 comments:

Autumn said...

Wow, that sounds terrific. I love going into stores like that-just for the joy it brings me by walking around. I haven't heard of that store before? Maybe they're die hards and aren't giving into the digital era since they're a paper store. Kidding. I hope you find their site! I couldn't help but search, I didn't find it but found some other neat sites/blogs.

Autumn said...

Oh. And I also meant to say something about Anthropologie. After you made the comment about it referring to catalogs, I decided it was time to visit their store. Its been years-I think since I was in HS since I've been in. I went once with Afton who loves it-the prices burned a hole in my brain and yet I thought everything was beautiful. So I stupidly adopted Jake's principle of not tempting myself if I can't do anything about it. (Uh, I'm pretty much over that now-now I just try to get inspired instead of discouraged by the pricetag.) Anywho. Thanks-because I probably wouldn't have gone in otherwise. I could barely enjoy it Ellie isn't a good shopper at ALL. In fact the moment I'd put her down, she'd drop something, which happened to make a noticeable bang, which surely scared the sales people. But I still enjoyed my trip oh so much, thanks to you. How's that for a run down?

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Autumn, yes, I LOVE Anthropologie. The store is too far away from me so I usually just look at their web-site. I agree, it is WAY too expensive but oh so inspiring and very therapeutic. Glad you enjoyed your trip. We should go together- sans kids- sometime!