Thursday, March 6, 2008

It's Over


Dear Pumpkin Crisp,


I am writing to let you know it's over. The passionate affair we've had going since Thanksgiving has to come to an end. I didn't want to have to do this publicly but I am afraid if I don't, I'll end up running back into your warm, comforting arms as soon as things get rough.
I want you to know this has nothing to do with you. It's me. You know I love your company and all the sweet times we've shared but honestly, our relationship has gotten to the point where it's beginning to be unhealthy. I know you'll understand when I say I just need to take a break for awhile. I hope we can still be friends.

Yours truly,

Kim

(BTW: If anyone sees me at the grocery store buying canned pumpkin, evaporated milk, yellow cake mix or any combination of these ingredients, you have my permission to have an intervention with me. If I resist, tell me you're doing it for my own good to help me stay out of an abusive relationship.)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow....kim, does Jared know about this?
I think I might have to get this recipe.

Autumn said...

HAHA. That's hilarious. I'm glad I didn't try your recipe this year-though I surely will next. I'm afraid it would have had a devastating ending like yours did-which is precisely why I didn't open that can of pumpkin.

Melissa said...

Oh I'm so glad you decided to do something about this kim- I was getting worried. Just kidding! You shared your pumpkin crisp recipe with me and I have to admit that I've been "fooling around" with it too- sorry he wasn't very faithful to you. But I understand you completely. It is a good thing thanksgiving comes once a year. We still have girl scout cookies.

Vanessa said...

poor pumpkin crisp.
would you mind, if other people started something with pumpkin crisp? I mean, would you be totally weirded out if, say, like one of your friends spent some time with pumpkin crisp. I mean, if you do, i totally understand. I mean, our friendship is way more important to me than some fling. I definitely wanted to ask you before I made my move, and also, maybe you know if pumpkin crisp likes any of your friends, like more than a friend? do you think it's too soon?

Vanessa said...

there's a slight chance that I took that one too far.

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

Kim you are so funny. I love seeing your blog and your comments on other people blogs. They are classic. You are a very clever, whitty little lady. Way to be!!

Jessica said...

Now that I have read your goodbye letter to pumpkin crisp, can I have the recipe?? It sounds really yummy:-)

Margo said...

You are so hilarious. It truly is the greatest pumpkin dessert. I am busting up.

emilyy said...

I might need to copy that and send it to a few of my own delicious yet "unwanted" desserts. That was pretty funny. I too would like the recipe.

. said...

kim, you definitely have a witty sense of humor! How fun. I actually made pumpkin choc. chip bread last week. What is it with pumpkin that is so...seductive, so...irresistable? Also, that new picture of Spencer is just adorable. I just want to SQUEEZE him!!!