Sunday, February 10, 2008

Spontaneous Bathroom Renovation

I say spontaneous because we weren't really planning to tear our bathroom apart on Friday afternoon. However, spontaneous might not be the right word since the renovation is actually the result of nearly two years of talking/whining/complaining/moaning (insert verb of your choice) to Jared about it. On Friday, he finally cracked! And now our bathroom looks like this:

It actually looks a little better than this now because Saturday we were able to clean up all the debris and install can lighting and a new exhaust fan. Here are a few pictures of the fun:

This photo was taken through a hole in the ceiling looking up into the attic where Jared had the fun job of wading through insulation to install the can lights. I'm actually amazed he put on a smile for the photo. In real life, he wasn't so amused.

I, on the other side of the hole, was in the bathroom cutting the drywall so the can lights would fit through the ceiling properly. I'm also amazed I put on a smile for the picture because in real life, I was not so amused. I think the saftey goggles are a nice touch, don't you?

I'll be sure to report our progress. In the meantime, we will continue to store our toilet in our bedroom. Gotta love renovation projects.

4 comments:

Thomas Family said...

Wow, that looks like a pretty big project. Can't wait to see what it looks like when your done!

Melissa said...

HOORAY! You have a blog! Yippee! Can I put you on you on my links? Great job with the bathroom renovations. We really want to do ours to, can you and Jared come over when you are done? We think we are going to do it slowly since it it has the only shower and you can't really put that out of commission for too long. Projects are never ending, but I think its great that you guys can do it yourself.

Autumn said...

Good for you. Though I liked it before. I love these pix.

Autumn said...

Good for you. Though I liked it before. I love these pix.